New construction of condominiums in the garden house
Gem on the Courtyard Grounds
Inside the spacious courtyard of the existing building at Margaretenstrasse 24a, a new building built by autumn 2024 will provide 23 new apartments, thereof 8 handicap-accessible pursuant to Art. 50, Berlin Building Code (BauO Bln). On the fifth floor, 3 penthouse apartments with roof terrace or loggia come with a sweeping view beyond the borough boundaries. The second-line location reconciles two opposites: It brings a harmonic retreat in touch with the dynamic character of the surrounding borough.
The detached new back building will blend in with the existing building fabric in architectonic terms, matching the eaves height and ridge height of the standing building next door.
Please be patient for a moment.
12 apartments of 2 bedrooms, 9 apartments of 3 bedrooms, and 2 apartments of 4 bedrooms are distributed across 5 full storeys conveniently accessible via a lift that stops on every level, including the attic.
Smart floor plans create room and storage space in clever ways. The 2-bedroom apartments, measuring between 55 and nearly 71 sqm, and the 3-bedroom apartments at about 75 sqm, are family-friendly and comparatively large. If you need more space than that, you should consider one of the 4-bedroom apartments in the attic, which measure about 84 to 100 sqm.
Some of the 3-bedroom apartments include small extra rooms that could be used as dressing room, alcove or walk-in closet. The eat-in kitchen will be a great place for getting together, comparing notes and taking it easy. You can directly step out onto the balcony, loggia or terrace from here for a leisurely breakfast or a nightcap before turning in. You could also set up a home office out of doors because data lines will be pre-installed and because of the great network coverage in the area.
Kitchens will be fitted with water and electric outlets to let you turn it into the kitchen of your dreams. The floors are laid with tiles by a renowned manufacturer, walls and ceilings will be rendered, filled and painted in white. There will be a designated space with the proper connections for installing a washing machine.
Bathrooms will be equipped with showers and branded fittings, tiled and painted in a water-resistant latex paint. You could easily touch it up with a colour of your choice. If you get cold easily, you will appreciate the bathroom radiator, which can be operated on electricity independently of the heating system year-round.
The new-build apartments for first-time occupancy will be robustly built and equipped to the latest standards in terms of noise, thermal, fire-safety and preventive fire protection: Insulated glazing for all windows ensures pleasant temperatures and helps to save energy, while powered glare protection will regulate light incidence at the touch of a button. The apartments feature underfloor heating, which creates a pleasant indoor climate.
The high-quality broadband network will be suitable for so-called triple-play service: Based on a coaxial connection, all living areas will have phone, Internet and cable TV access – the perfect set-up for working from home and enjoying digital media, even out on the balcony or terrace.
All apartments are centrally supplied with heating and hot water. The gas condensing boiler range and the combined heat and power plant including buffer storage are located in the basement plant room, along with the other systems engineering installations.
Security will be prioritised, starting at the building entrance. To control access to the building, a CCTV intercom system will be installed both at the passageway in the front building and at the front entrance on the ground floor of the new building. You will instantly see any person wanting to be admitted, and be able to communicate with them via your indoor call station. Smoke detector provide appropriate security in all living areas.
Mounted luminaires ensure there are no obscure corners in the stairwell. Analogously, the grounds will be illuminated by mounted luminaires and bollard luminaires.
Each apartment will be assigned a dedicated basement storage room with light and electric outlet, as well as two bicycle parking spaces located either in the courtyard or in a locked common area. This will protect your belongings against theft and misuse.
In the protected outdoor area of the inner courtyard, a playground with sandbox, slide, balancing beam and climbing rope will be installed, hedge-fringed and surrounded by greenery. This gives smaller children in particular the chance to play within sight of their parents in a sheltered, traffic-free environment. Larger children may use the devices to practise their dexterity and balancing skills.
At a glance
- New-build apartments for first-time occupancy
- 12 two-bedroom apartments, 9 three-bedroom apartments, 2 four-bedroom apartments
- 3 attic apartments (2 with 4 bedrooms, 1 with 2 bedrooms)
- 8 apartments handicap-accessible pursuant to Art. 50, Berlin Building Code
- Underfloor heating in all residential rooms
- Living areas to receive oiled oak parquet flooring
- Kitchens and bathrooms to be laid with easy-cleaning floor tiles
- Vinyl-frame windows to be fitted with exterior powered glare protection
- Ground floor units to be fitted with roller blinds and insulated glazing in accordance with EnEV certificate
- Lift to serve all levels, including the attic
- Heating and hot water to be centrally provided by a gas condensing boiler range and combined heat and power plant including buffer storage
- Bathroom radiators to include separate electrical operation
- Extractor fans to be installed in all bathrooms
- Sanitary ceramics and fittings from renowned manufacturers (Grohe, Kaldewei, Geberit, HSK, Duravit)
- 1 lockable tenant basement locker with electric outlet and light for each apartment
- 2 bicycle parking spaces in the basement or inner courtyard per apartment
- Broadband access for so-called triple-play service and coaxial connection in all apartments
- Legally required number of smoke detectors
- Intercom system including CCTV in the passageway of the front building and at the building entrance door on the ground floor
- Fully electronic door and in-house intercom
- Indoor call station including CCTV screen to be installed as wall-mounted unit in each apartment
- Playground and waste bin area, designed by a landscape architect, to be installed in the inner courtyard